COTABATO CITY — In line with the upcoming week-long celebration of the fourth Bangsamoro foundation anniversary, officials and members of the Peace, Public Order, Safety, and Security Committee (PPOSSCom) convened today, Jan. 06, 2023 during its first special meeting to set the committee’s preparations on the said region-wide event.
Abdul Rahman M. Macapendeg, Planning Officer III of the Ministry of Public Order and Safety (MPOS), who represented committee chair and MPOS Minister Minister Hussein P. Munoz presided this year’s first special meeting.
The said meeting was conducted following the directive from BARMM Chief Minister Ahod B. Ebrahim during the Special Cabinet Meeting last December 08, 2022 for the initial planning of the 4th Bangsamoro Foundation Day on January 21, 2023. The sector of Peace, Public Order, Safety, and Security was directed to spearhead and plan several activities to be conducted on January 26, 2023.
Gil M. Cambronero, Chief of Peace, Public Order, Safety, and Security Division of the Bangsamoro Planning and Development Authority (BPDA), who represented Director General Engr. Mohajirin T. Ali, MNSA, committee co-chairperson and head of the technical secretariat, presented the proposed program for the said event, particularly in identifying the activities to be conducted and tasking its member ministries, offices, and agencies as part of its preparation.
The said committee agreed to conduct the following activities:
1. Civic Military and Cultural Parade on January 21, 2023;
2. Static Display in the BARMM grounds of weapons and personnel of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) Westmincom, particularly the Autonomous Truck Mounted Howitzer System (ATMOS) — a 155 mm/52 calibre self-propelled gun system manufactured by Israeli military manufacturer, Soltam Systems;
3. The conduct of LTOPF licensing by the Philippine National Police-BARMM from January 21 to 26, 2023 at the SKCC;
4. PPOSSCom Forum – Orientation on RA 9262 (Violence Against Women and Children) and RA 11313 (Safe Spaces Act), and video presentation of the accomplishment of PPOSSCom and RA 9165 (Ill effects of illegal drugs);
5. Coastal Clean-up, Mangrove Planting, and Scubasura activities by the Philippine Coast Guard-BARMM;
6. Gun Safety Training Seminar and Gun Show by the PNP-PROBAR; and
7. Provide legal services, conduct cultural shows, issuance of Police and NBI Clearances, among others. Meanwhile, in attendance during the special meeting were the committee’s officials and members, as well as guests from various law enforcement agencies under the security sector. (Mary Lovella Lao-Lastimosa with reports from Norodin Intia, BPDA-BARMM)